Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Darkness Under My Covers

Whether it’s postpartum, seasonal, persistent, or situational -depression is real and can be debilitating. It’s important to know that you’re not alone and help can be found. I wrote this a while back, clearly from a place of struggle. The remedy for depression sometimes can be found in shifting our focus to something bigger, outside of ourselves. Hope is found by continually doing the one next thing that needs to be done, no matter how small. 

When the darkness under my covers fits like a shoe, I let the sun shine on my face because then it’s shining on yours too. 

When the thought of play dates make my chest feel heavy and tight. We join them anyways, much to your delight. 

Just when I think I can’t take another step, you lead me by the hand as we dance with much due pep. 

When all I want to do is cry, I smile. Not in vain, but because your happiness makes me happy amongst my pain. 

When I feel like giving up, I keep going. I do the hard stuff- always knowing, that what I do you see. And I’m who you want to be. 

So shine, dance, and play. Your joy brings joy to my darkest of days. May my laughter bring you laughter and my example be right. Mommas trying, sweet babies, with all of her might. 



No comments:

Post a Comment